The innovative principles of SeCoHD therapy
> Advantages of SeCoHD therapy with S3 monitor
• Improved removal of middle molecules.
• Limiting the clogging of the dialyser membrane.
• A more physiological dialysis performed with sterile fluids and reduced volume.
A controlled convection technology
The technology for SeCoHD therapy is via an innovative action of back-filtration and ultrafiltration cycles, due to the control of the difference of transmembrane pressures (TMP) in the dialyser.
• During the backfiltration cycle, the dialysate is pushed into the blood compartment of the dialyser.
• In the next phase, additional ultrafiltration, equivalent to the volume infused in the previous phase, is applied. It induces a convective transfer of middle molecules in addition to the diffusive transport of uremic toxins.
The main benefits of SeCoHD
SeCoHD therapy has the advantage of leading to the convective purification of uremic toxins autonomously, without the addition of high volume of replacement fluid (> 20l / 4h recommended by the Eshol study).
SeCoHD may be obtained with all type of dialysers, however, this controlled convection is most suited to a high-flux dialyser.
The SeCoHD therapy ensures high levels of convective dialysis without the need for extra substitution fluid and can be performed in the home setting without compromise on treatment.